Saturday, March 03, 2007

Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yeah

I mentioned before the New Year that I wanted to look into getting a car and swot up on my driving skills (which are currently lying dormant and abandoned underneath my Scrabble playing skills and above my knitting skills, which lapsed about three weeks after my Nanna taught me when I was about eight.) It's something I toy with every now and then but I know would be a little impractical and a huge drain on my shoe shopping budget (such sacrifices are possibly worth it if I could have one of these cute baby pink bugs!) It makes more sense - and is better for the environment - to use public transport for my commute to work, so it would sit pretty much unused in my driveway for three days of the week. And really, I see buying a car as quite a big commitment, having to invest in all such things as insurance and road tax and services and have you seen the price of petrol these days?

Today is one of those days I sit and fantasise about having a car though, since I currently have no handy friends-with-transport at my disposal who would allow me to boss them around Ikea while I buy bed linen. Yes, that is what I would have done with my day today had I in my possession a sweet ride, a trip to Ikea, and, if he was available, a visit with the 'Muffin, who I haven't seen properly for days and miss terribly! He is a proper friend, and good example for all silly Dedalus types out there. 'Muffin and I share things in common, as well as our points of difference to make it interesting, and we get on without trying, and yet he doesn't try and turn every meeting into a scene from a really dysfunctional romcom. I've struck "platonomy" with him, more valuable than oil and not such an enemy to ducks and/or other aquatic lifeforms. All he asks is the occasional flash of my cleavage, and he's happy... Ahem.

Anyway, back to the car thing. I'm not looking into it seriously yet, but I do think it would give me that bit more independence. And it would be handy for driving to uni. So I might get a couple of friends together who know cars and go looking over the next few weeks, just to see what's out there.

Then of course, I just have to remember how to drive again...

4 comments:

wondy woman said...

I'm just like you in that I have my license) - but my skills bite.

Of course, I tell everyone what a skilled driver I am, all Penelope Pitstop with a flash of Jodie Kidd on Top Gear, but I do bite. And I haven't driven properly for years now.

You should go for it my love, I can totally see you rocking a pink beetle. Imagine the accessories you could co-ordinate with that beauty!

Good luck my sweet!

Hey just think you could drive down and we could go shopping/cocktailing in Brightonia!

Anonymous said...

pfft don't worry about causing global warming, apparently Mars, Pluto and Jupiter are also undergoing global warming. It's just our Sun getting hotter and will soon fry all of us ...oh wait.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/02/070228-mars-warming.html

- David

Anonymous said...

Greetings

Missing you terribly too! As for the flashing of the cleavage...I don't have to ask any more. You know me that well you just do it anyway now. Must be a form of boob telepathy.

Not impressed with Dedalus. You've just got to stop looking so gorgeous. These things wouldn't happen then! Come and join the minger club and be like me. You don't get any hassle then!

Chica said...

Wondy - I didn't even think of the Lady Penelopeness of the pink Beetle! Total fashion icon, of course!

I can just see myself driving to Brighton in one of those babies, Amy Winehouse blasting! Have never been to Brighton, for shame.

David - That's what they want you to believe, because it truly is An Inconvenient Truth! Nice to hear from you btw, hope you are well.

'Muffin - My breasts have a mind of their own, and I therefore cannot be held responsible for any cleavage flashing which occurs in your vicinity.

PS You ain't no mingah!