Thursday, March 15, 2007

Blame It on the Boogie

Apologies for the regression. It's my indulgence in sad songs what does it. With a dose of Lily Allen to temper things on my more kick ass days.

In heavy rotation on the mp3 player:

Paolo Nutini - Last Request. Can't actually get through the whole thing.
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black. The song, and the album!
Aretha Franklin - Walk On By. The most beautifully sung lyrics ever?
Etta James -I'd Rather Go Blind. This is particularly to blame I think.
Lily Allen - Shame For You. This is on a good day.
George Michael - I Can't Make You Love Me. This is not.

It'd be okay if it was just sad songs; I'd avoid them. But so many songs we danced to remind me of him, that even a bloody soulless dance track can get to me. Anyone else cried over the lyrics I found a place / Where we can boogie?

*allows pause for tumbleweed*

No? For me it conjures up sneaking off with him at the Christmas party, being led away by the hand, the blue of his eyes, and his truly awful singing voice in my ear.

Beyonce moves me. Beyonce.

Did I mention it's been three months?

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

:(

Hug.

(I still get starry eyed over 'Isn't She Lovely' by Stevie Wonder - and by the film 'A Clockwork Orange'.)

Love you x

MJ said...

It might help if you delete the two hundred odd messages off him you still keep on your phone.

I'm just saying.

Everyone hates this dude. I don't get why he has such a hold over you, when you've got so many better guys in your life. Myself included, natch.

I wouldn't allow you to see him anyway, you do know that right? You're too good for that wanker. And he knows it.