Friday, February 17, 2006

Thank Crunchie It's Friday

Okay, so I've been a bit of a lazy blogger recently. But, in my defence, I would like to say three things. 1) I have developed a new distraction/obsession in researching my family tree, and was quite into it until I hit a brick wall sometime last week. 2) This week I have been absolutely cream crackered and spent most of Wednesday evening in bed. And 3) I generally am quite lazy, and there are lots of other things I'm busy neglecting right now.

Heath: Is that Chica waving her pants at you again?

Now, with the preamble out of the way I can tell you without further ado that I finally dragged the Boyfy to see Brokeback Mountain last Sunday. I knew he would hate everything about the film, since it is really slow and atmospheric and has caused my dad to greet him with a "howdy" ever since, but he offered to go with me for a Valentines treat. How good is my boyfriend that he would actually fund my Jake G habit? He made me ask for the tickets though, and proceeded to throw popcorn at me throughout the entire film. But to the film itself: I really liked it, and that scene early on where the kids are screaming and Heath is trying to soothe them? An advert for gay sex if ever I saw one. It's hard to talk about without giving too much away, and there may be at least one person in the free living world who left it later than me to see it, so I'll keep schtum. But ah! How sad. Didn't rate Jake's 'tache, but I suppose they had to make him look older somehow.

Valentines perked up once I got home and the Boyfy surprised me with flowers, chocs, champagne, and strawberries, after pretending my Valentines gift was but a Toblerone. We haven't indulged in the champers yet as we have both been working all week, but this weekend looks quite promising as we are going out for a lovely meal at a French restaurant, which I'll need to get dolled up for and I don't know what to wear!

I am very happy today since it's Friday and this morning Crunchie complimented me on my hair. Call me shallow, but that kind of thing always puts me in a good mood! If I win in the Picking Up Lovely Girlfriend From Work V. Taking Dad for Early Pint battle Boyf has playing out in his gorgeous head then that will be the cherry on the cake!

PS I've been stuck with Foot Perv so much this week I even dreamed about him! In the dream, I was throwing a party and somebody brought him, so he knew where I lived. Then, in the middle of the night, I went downstairs into the living room and he was staring in through the windows, not at me, but at the Christmas decorations we had up. He was just doing this horrible shark-eye glassy stare that he actually does in real life, but it was terrifying, so I called the police - in my dream - and told them there was a weirdo hanging around outside my house! Potter finds this hilarious, but I think I may need mental help...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you read "The Seven Daughters of Eve"? Bryan Sykes uses mitochondrial DNA to determine generally where your ancestors came from, this is supposed to be able to go back 30,000 years!

It spawned a business, you can now send a cheek swab with your DNA on it to Oxford Ancestors to have it analyzed. You get a chart and some other stuff.

btw high score of 1005.70m ;) at you know where.