Monday, February 06, 2006

Blonde Ambition

I'm calling in sick tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight and I'd usually be getting up in like, five hours time) so I thought I'd make a plan for what to do with the couple of free days ahead. I am legitimately feeling cack, but I could try and make some use of the time off. Therefore, I tentatively propose to organise my wardrobe, give half my clothes to charidee, strip the wallpaper in the bedroom, redecorate it entirely, box up all my crap and store it in the attic, buy some art, go for coffee, shop for some skinny jeans, a smart blouse I saw in Zara, the perfect pair of ruby slippers, and some work clothes, listen to lots of music, watch a couple of DVDs, finish my dissertation, walk the dog, bring Peace to all of humankind, go grocery shopping and buy lots of yummy food to cook for Boyf - realising in the process that I in fact have the talents of Nigella Lawson, buy a Valentines card, start a best selling novel or else discover a wildly successful career can be had sitting in bed eating chocolates and reciting my thoughts over a big pink diamante telephone to a stenographer, remember to put the rubbish bin at the end of the path on Friday, and find the Missing Link. It's my job holds me back, see.

I also found these old quotes I meant to post:

Me: If you’re gonna tell me how to make toast I will punch you in the face.

Dad: Did you cry when you fell over?
Angelica: I just got up and said “ow.”


And more recently:

Lila: (shouting loudly at the reception desk) This is a student announcement, Joe Bloggs has not had sex this year. I repeat, Joe Bloggs has not had sex this year!

No comments: