Monday, February 06, 2006

Happy Mondays

I got my boyfriend to call in sick for me this morning. Then I switched my computer on and was greeted by this little snippet of information from MSN News. Ahem. Of particular interest:

"The findings threw up a couple of gender-related anomalies. While men and women will take an average of nine "sickies" a year, female workers believe they could get away with taking twice as many days off than their male colleagues.

The survey also found that while a cowardly 17 percent of workers would get someone else to call in sick on their behalf, 28 percent opted for the tried and tested cough and splutter phone call.

As for regional variations workers in the northern city of Liverpool admitted to taking on average an extra 13 days a year off compared with a mere three days for Londoners."

Hmpf. My uncle has never had an unscheduled day off in the past 15 years! He's getting an award. Yeah, do it for Liverpool Uncle Elvis!! While I sip this tea and listen to the soothing sounds of KT Tunstall...

...I really hope my boss didn't read that!

No comments: