Sunday, February 05, 2006

Heal Over

Today I am mostly: feeling melancholic. I don't know, I'm having one of those Where Is My Life Going? days. I'm still a bit under the weather so maybe that has something to do with it. I'm enjoying a lazy weekend; I just had a nice long bath while listening to music, and yesterday I watched movies in bed all day. I think I developed a crush on Hugh Jackman somewhere between X-Men and X2, probably all that shirtless action and tortured soul bit.

It's weird, whenever I stop to think there's a danger that I get like this. I just feel like I should be somewhere by now. Maybe I should pack in the indulgent weekends and get writing, but it kind of feels pointless. At school and stuff everyone acted like I had so much potential, and then nothing happened. People say I'm doing really well for where I came from, and look at what other people I grew up with are doing, but I don't think you should measure success or happiness by what other people are doing or where you came from.

The family stuff has been bugging me too. I have plenty of things to be happy about though, particularly the Boyf. People can search all their lives for what we have and never even get close, and I feel really lucky to have him. So even though I get a little introspective and self absorbed in my ramblings from time to time, I really do count my blessings.

Sheesh, this post has a lot of the letter "I"! *Cringe*

Peace out yo! (For David :P)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"At school and stuff everyone acted like I had so much potential, and then nothing happened."

I think that's the very definition of life.