Monday, April 02, 2007

Je Reviens

Saturday, I went to see this.

I was pretty much expecting it to blow and went for nostalgic purposes, but it was decent enough and me and Dedalus had a laugh over it. Splinter's voice is just wrong. His accent is slurred: sensei had been at the sake. Not a patch on the old school films though, there weren't as many one-liners as I remember, and April had turned into some sort of Indiana Jones type figure. They left room for a sequel.

After the film, we went for milkshakes and Dedalus sprung that old chestnut: did I say anything stupid when we went out? on me about five times. Then he walked me to meet Boyf at La Tasca. Not weird in the least!

When I walked into the bar and saw Boyf waiting for me, I actually got this warm fuzzy feeling inside. I thought, damn, you're gorgeous. My boyfriend is seriously hot. I don't know how the fuck I scored him. We went for Mexican food and got drunk on a bottle of wine. Checked out the Everyman bar but weren't very impressed. Seem to remember him annoying me in the taxi on the way home by involving me in an argument about racism with the driver as if I was some sort of representative of all things politically correct. He thinks I'm naive because I disagree with him whenever he makes a generalisation.

Swings and roundabouts, eh?

Sunday we went for a bike ride in the park, which was lovely. Today, I am totally meant to be studying, but have spent the day looking for something to wear when I go out for my birthday next week. That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

I'm not thrilled about turning 25, but I much prefer it to the alternative of not turning 25.

Oh, also, I saw The Return, a movie which should be avoided at all costs. It was soooo slow, without any genuine shocks or surprises, and left me completely unmoved and uninterested. Okay, so I wasn't really expecting anything wonderful when I sat down to watch it, but even I enjoyed House of Wax. I will say one thing though; I really love Sarah Michelle Gellar's hair colour in it.
Although, judging from this picture it looks like blondes do have more fun.

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

OMG. What you said about Boyf and the generalisations: me & Rocker, to a T.

Me in your role, Rocker in the role of Boyf.

How weird is that, I thought it was just me, battling on my own against the curse of the Generalisation?

Thanks so much, Babe.

PS. You could totally rock SMG's colour, and better too. Grr.

Chica said...

Maybe it's a thing with older men?? I don't know, but it really pushes my buttons. I feel like he's patting me on the head going: "Aw, sweet, stupid little idealist, but this is how it really is." Gah. Sorry you have this problem too, but glad you can relate!

I'm actually considering that hair colour, once I've grown my hair long again. Colouring my hair was on my New Year list, after all!

x