Saturday, April 28, 2007

In the Cut

Okay, guys. I know I asked for your advice and then went and did whatever the ballyhoo I wanted anyway. But believe me, you are in good company. I completely ignored my sister's considered opinion as well. I decided to go with 'Muffin's short and sweet 'Oh for fucks sake will you text him you're doing my head in already.'

So. I sent a simple Hey, I just heard, you okay? He answered, saying he didn't have a scratch but his car was dead. I replied Ah well at least you're okay, that's the main thing. Alfie rides again. (I actually refer to him as Alfie. It's our little joke.) He sent an amused reply. And then, I left it.

I feel good about it. I was the grown up - as per. And then I moved on.

Well, as far as he knows, anyway!

The thing is, I have reached a final conclusion about Alfie and I. Any attempt to pursue things would only lead to frustration. He is never going to get what he wants from me (sex); I'm never going to get what I want from him (love).
Hate to be such a fucking cliche but there you have it, the central dilemma of our pseudo-affair.

Maybe one day. But not now. For now, I need to put Alfie back on the shelf. Preferably a high shelf I need a kick-stool to reach. Maybe, just maybe, I'll forget he's even up there.

5 comments:

April said...

Well done. At least you won't be driving yourself crazy by wondering what would have happened if you had texted him.

Make sure you hide the Alfie book behind a reference book of sexually transmitted diseases. :)

Nic said...

And be prepared for when he telepathically picks up on your disavowal of him and starts magically reappearing in your life...

Chica said...

April - good plan, maybe I could settle him between that and an epistle entitled How To Spot a Bastard at 50 Paces?

Nic - I know, why do they always do that? It's the true power of goodbye x

Michelle Lara said...

back burner indeed. Best of luck ;)

Chica said...

Thanks :) x