Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Missing

Okay, as I've mentioned in passing, Boyf is in France right now. He's working on the house my parents bought at the beginning of last year. The one that needed only cosmetic work. He's ripping out the ceiling because all the beams have to be replaced. They're riddled with woodworm and the upper floors of the house could collapse at, uh, basically any moment.

The past few days, I've had the house to myself. Until I had my bad dream last night and reacted like a total fool, I was loving it. (I'm back to loving it now, I just needed a warm body to press myself into to make the real world seem more solid; it's nice to have somebody you can wake up at 5 am.) Apart from that, I really enjoyed coming home last night to an empty house. My sister picked me up from work, because she's amazing. I walked in, got my things ready for work the next morning, made pizza, put on my pyjamas, and watched some Sex and the City repeats. It felt good. I was alone with my thoughts. Nobody was yammering in my ear. I could listen to music until 1 am. I could text my friends late at night without being complained at. If I'd wanted to, I could have cleaned the house from top to bottom or painted my nails without anybody criticising me for starting things at weird times.

I need my space. I like my own company. I enjoy making my own decisions and doing things on a whim.

Boyf called me in work last night. It was great to hear his voice. I got the stomach flip. He asked me if I minded if he stayed longer, and I told him of course not. Even though he's so far away, I know he's still mine. I have no insecurities about us. I can both miss him and appreciate the time apart. It's good. It's a good place we're in.

7 comments:

April said...

I miss stomach flips.

wondy woman said...

Me too...

brandy said...

Oh, I'm so jealous. But good for you for finding a man who gives you the stomach flips!

Nic said...

That's not just a good place, I'd venture to say it's the BEST place. Being able to miss him AND feel secure in your time alone and in the distance between you is the pinnacle of a quality relationship in my book. Cheers!

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Ahhh... to have stomach flips again. Great blog.

Chica said...

The stomach flips, you can't beat them can you? Maybe we just needed some time apart all along...

Thank you ladies! :)

x

Michelle Lara said...

how lovely. Stomach flips and relationship-security =) *sigh* I miss that.