Sunday, September 18, 2005

The Plastics

Yesterday, my mum went Christmas shopping. She's actually started pretty late this year, as she's usually got a truckload of presents in by the summer. Anyway, she picked up some Li'l Bratz toys for my niece, who loves them. They're billed as the li'l girls with the big fashion sense!

Now, is it just me, or are these a bit worrying as far as self images for little girls go? I mean, I know the same has been said about Barbie for years and years (and I had like a gazillion Barbies), but seriously now, when the L'il Bratz grow up, they're gonna look like this. They're either seriously emaciated or have inflatable heads. And since they're meant to be 'li'l girls', aren't they a bit young for eye lifts and collagen injections?

I don't know. At least Barbie had multiple careers, various property investments and dumped Ken for a surfer toyboy.

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

I know not to mention that her mascara never runs!

Chica said...

And that perfect all over tan!