Saturday, September 24, 2005

Every Cloud...

Hey Ya (my homage to last night's Will & Grace.) I wasn't gonna post today but I thought I should maybe lift the gloom of the last post. I had a much better day yesterday. I helped a bunch of people while I was on Guide, including the prettiest little Irish boy I have ever seen in my life! He was CUTE with a capital UTE! I was talking to him giving him advice thinking 'you've been looking at him too long now, look away!' We had a coffee and cake thing for one of the girls who turned forty, but I missed it cos I had to go to some seminar. I didn't mind too much though because I snuck into Faith on the walk back to work (seminar was on the other side of town). They had nice ballet flats for work but they didn't fit me, I'm a size 4 usually but these 4's were just a little tight and the 5 were like flippers on me. Weezer has a similar problem, she's size 3 and is considering shopping in Next Kids. Anyway I felt really naughty and got back to work in time for my break. I did some good work yesterday sorting out a fuck up on the book move and a couple of tricky customers. I'm okay when left to my own devices; IN YOUR FACE, Hag! Ahem. That was a minor glitch. Let the good news commence:

I overslept on Thursday and woke up at 7:28. I still made it into work on time and caught the quarter to 8 bus! How is that physically possible! Watched Mean Girls again. One of my favourite films! And some Sex and the City. Yesterday I got some news from my friend Rosebud, who has - finally! - given birth to her second daughter, at 7lb 15 oz! She has given her a name similar to mine and her initials are mine and my boyfriends, so I approve! :)

I heard back from one of my old tutors that I love recently too, he's so adorable and sweet. My current tutor passed my registration problems on to him because he's always on leave, and I got an email from him saying that he'd try and sort it all out for me, "Registry at their best again!" He is so lovely, I wish he was still my tutor instead of old Droopy Drawers. I'm gonna try and get some work done on it this weekend. You know, if I can fit it around the shopping.

What else? Oh yeah, I ordered some stuff off Amazon, all 'usually dispatched in 24 hours'. I won't get them for like three weeks! What up with that? They are mostly point and click role playing type computer games, because MJ and I decided it was time for a trip down memory lane. We used to play them all the time with my dad, so we thought we could spend some quality time nerding it up together over pizza and cans of Coke (somehow obligatory). That plan is now on hiatus.

I've spotted a couple of jobs I'm gonna apply for at some point over the weekend too. It's not that I desperately hate my job or anything, but I want to keep trying for better positions with more prospects. I am not feeling 9 to 5, and would really love to do something creative. I'm thinking of going to art classes when I've finished my MA. I have no direction to speak of do I? :P Maybe I'll just up and go, be a professional beach bum in some tropical paradise. But knowing my luck I'd probably get eaten by a giant polar bear.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Have fun shopping darlin' - glad you are feeling better, Mean Girls can do that to you, plus vintage SATC.

Have a good weekend x

Wondy x