Wednesday, August 17, 2005

A Smattering of Smut

I forgot to tell you about sexy lift man. He caused quite a stir among us female residents last week. I was sat opposite the lift when he came in to do some maintenance work, and thought hmmm, he's not bad to look at! Tall dark and handsome, cheeky grin, good body, a little bit shy. Lila excitedly came over and professed her fervent admiration for him, complaining that he only came in once in a blue moon. My situation then was very fortunate indeed - but I don't know why she just doesn't unscrew the bulb in the lift more often? (I hope it's not a sign of something bad that this solution immediately sprung into my mind.) Anyhow sexy lift man industriously went about his work, and I was afforded but a few fleeting glances since he could clearly see me perving on him in the mirror, so I had to resist. Lila then found another excuse to come to my desk and bemoaned that I had the best view - a bit too loudly. I didn't notice and wholeheartedly agreed with her, then when she was walking away she started mouthing 'He heard me!' and generally cringing with embarrassment. All right for her, I had to keep sitting there until he left. He approached the desk with a rather large pole when he was finished and asked me if he could leave it to my disposal. "Lila," says I, "Can we do anything with this?" Lila clutched the pole enthusiastically and agreed to sort it out for him, even though she didn't have a clue what to do with it and it knocked about the office for the rest of the day. Potter found it all very amusing, being immune from sexy lift man's enamour. For some strange reason our manager took the pole home. We've never asked.

In related news, this morning on my way into work I received a long, slow whistle from one of the builders outside. At the time I pretended not to hear but I would just like to record my utmost indignation here: It's about bloody time, I've walked past you every day for the past five weeks!

No comments: