Monday, August 08, 2005

Another Place

I hadn't heard from Dedalus for a few weeks until this morning. The renewal of contact was disappointing in three important ways: 1) his text was a blatant 'hello don't forget its my birthday soon' message, 2) he bemoaned the fact that he is "so old" next week (he will be the same age as me), and 3) he is having a little competition with himself to see how many times he can mention his girlfriend's name in one message. I also heard from Mrs De Winter, whose e-mail was much more rewarding. She has met a bit of a dream boat by the sounds and thinks me and the boyf are a perfect match ;)

So over the weekend I felt pretty rubbish, but I managed to get out and about with Boyf for a bit on Sunday. We went to see this (own photos to follow... edit: um... Boyf accidentally deleted them), and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Potter also went to see the statues at the weekend and we compared sightings: I saw one with a rope around its neck and one with a hat on; he saw one with a mane of hair fashioned from seaweed and one wearing a cardigan. But I'm afraid I win as I saw a lad wandering around wearing nothing but a jumper wrapped around his waist to cover his naughty bits. I'm assuming he was either performing a demure tribute to the statues, or his mates legged it with his clothes in some schoolboy prank, the scamps! As for the film, I found it very enjoyable, despite Boyf's protests that it was "a childish kids film" and even though I couldn't understand the Oompa Loompa's when they were singing. I love the songs from the original movie. On the plus side, it was really well cast and the ending was better I think? We both agreed that hitting the Hut afterwards was a jolly good idea in any case, and shared a Stuffed Crust Supreme :)

And today? This morning I couldn't get the song I Don't Like Mondays out of my head. 'Nuff said. Curiously, the day picked up considerably at around 6 o'clock when I got home from work. Coincidence?

No comments: