Saturday, August 06, 2005

"No thank you, I don't like food."

I'm sitting here in a New York t-shirt my dad brought back from his trip. I feel like crap today and have just been hanging out at home. I watched Hulk. It was verrrry slooooow. Yesterday I had a half day at work. You would not believe how excited I was about that fact. Unfortunately I was there just long enough to catch the lurgi from Weezer so now I'm sick. Weezer has been sniffling into a hanky for most of this week. The other day she had chills and borrowed a long black cardigan four sizes too big for her from a more mature lady colleague of ours. In this state, she was asked out by one of the international students, who had earlier asked her about parking his car in an airport in Amsterdam. For some reason, a lot of students think we possess all the information in the world, or perhaps that we're part-Google. She turned him down, pretending that she had a boyfriend when he asked why. Then she told us a funny story about her friend who, when asked to go for a meal by an unwanted admirer could think of nothing else to reply with but "No thank you, I don't like food."

Anyhoo. I went shopping straight from work and attributed my aching limbs to tiredness and sore throat to not having much to drink. I tried on perhaps a million pairs of black trousers, and finally found some in the last shop we had agreed to visit. I don't know what it is about me but I find it so hard to find trousers that fit me properly. Firstly, they're nearly always too long unless I buy petite sizes, and secondly, they never fit my waist and rest precariously upon my hips instead, whether they were intended as hipsters or not. Ergo, I couldn't get the gorgeous pinstripe ones I wanted. But nevermind, they're only for work. I picked some simple tops up in Topshop for work too. Boyf met me for a late lunch at Charlie Rockets. I had a milkshake and we both had Classic burgers. We were meant to go and see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory but Boyf didn't feel too well so we came home and resolved to go another night. I can't wait to see it, it looks so good and I have heard much raving from pretty much everybody who has been to see it. Potter was particularly enthusiastic, and is going to see it again when he can.

Things are going okayish at work (touch wood). Friday was okay but Thursday I had a couple of angry phonecalls. Why do people shout at you as if them losing their password or not being able to remember the name of a firm that rents computers is your fault? And by the by, I don't even work at the computer desk. Thank goodness for the nice ones is all I can say. When you help someone and they actually appreciate it it is such a nice feeling; it costs nothing to be polite and friendly.

So that's my rant for now. I'm off to have a lovely cup of tea, and I'm going to go crazy and have sugar in it. I'm so rock 'n' roll me!

No comments: