Saturday, August 27, 2005

Somebody stop me!

I've gone a little crazy with the old shopping over the past few days. Further to my frenzied Sale shopping the other day, I hit town yesterday and bought my travel pass for work, a whopping £93. The woman behind the desk was dismissing me with the warning that I couldn't use it until the first of September as if it would be a waste of time buying it then, I was like 'Yeah, that's next week right?' Also picked up a brown jacket for work from H&M and a pair of gorgeously soft jeans from Gap that were on sale for £30. Boyf paid £16.50 for a canvas belt there. Foolish boy! He looks good in the cargo pants he got though. Especially after I made him get the correct length instead of the too-short ones he was buying. My jeans are way too long but I'm going to take them up. Had a lovely Italian meal for our tea. I really like flumping down in a restaurant with shopping bags, although I did feel a bit weather beaten for the one we chose. I insisted on going Dutch this time; I can see this is the beginning of a very nasty habit. Was a bit bored while everyone was watching the football (I know it was a Big Deal, but I have to be in the mood), so I browsed online for a bit, intending merely to window shop. But then I got tempted and spent £40 or so on a navy blue top with sequin detailing at the shoulders, a long smart black top and a pink shrug. Seriously now, that's it. I cannot spend any more. Unless I see those gold or silver ballet flats I'm after...

Watched bits of America's Sweethearts (Catherine Zeta 'A million dollars isn't much money to us' Jones is actually not bad in that, a little too convincing perhaps - by the by, Dawn French does a hilarious skit of her, I love it!) and Interview with a Vampire last night before going to bed at about two thirty. Woke up at around eight o'clock this morning and couldn't get back to sleep at all. Despite my early rising I've got absolutely naff all done so I'm off to be productive and get some shit done on my dissertation. I had an idea while I was surfacing this morning, so hopefully I can claw it back.


Dawn as CZJ: "Drop drawers gorgeous!"

No comments: