Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Food Glorious Food

Do you ever feel like you're living for the weekends? My round ups are getting to be a ritual. Here goes:

I had the coolest dreams Saturday night. In one, I travelled back in time and was working as a slavery abolitionist in the US, but I knew everything that was going to happen in the future. In another, I was furtively snogging Dermot O'Leary in like the corner of a marquee or something (we had white fabric draped over us)! There was a less cool one where it was a couple of days before Christmas and I hadn't done any shopping, I was running out to try and catch a shop to buy my littlest niece a present. Do these weird and wacky dreams have anything to do with the fact that I watched Labyrinth before sleeping I wonder?

Friday night I enjoyed the most splendiforously decadent meal with Boyf. We normally never bother with starters or dessert because a main is usually enough for me, but we thought what the hey, lets treat ourselves. For starters, I had this really yummy asparagus dish with crushed new potatoes and sour cream. Boyf had mushroom and leek soup. Then for the main course I had honeyed duck breast with noodles and stir fried vegetables. My verdict? OTT on the honey. Boyf had fillet steak, it was very well cooked. For pudding, I opted for the Banoffee Pie with cream, which was like heaven on a plate and I was gutted that I couldn't finish it all. Boyf had ice cream, the bore. We washed it down with a half bottle of red, which was really nice too but I can't remember what it was beyond a Cabernet Sauvignon. I think it may have been Chilean? Yeah, I've really just took the shine off the turkey sandwich and chocolate brownie I just had for lunch. The feast was pricier than we normally allow, so thank God my offer of going Dutch was ignored! Brownie points for Boyf: *****

Saturday I did some work on my dissertation and checked out X Factor. It was the first show so it's still in the national humiliation stage. You gots to have guts to go on them there shows. On Sunday we went back over to the park to check out the Godfest they were having. Got there just in time to hear a big sermon about how we don't deserve to be saved but we can be if we accept Jesus into our lives. You all know where Jesus was on Sunday right? Yep, a park in Liverpool. Hope he comes back next weekend or he'll miss the Beatles festival; it's much better. Voices with Soul, who were on X Factor last year, came on just before we left and were talking about how they'd changed the words of songs so they didn't have to say the Devil's words (oh okay they didn't put it quite like that), so they murdered Lady Marmalade: "I'm not going to sleep with anyone unless Jesus is in my bed!" Huh? I liked them when they were on the show too. Shame. Anyway the annoying preacher bloke on before them was waffling about Manchester United and mentioned an unmentionable rag of a newspaper. Lesson no.1 - know your audience. He also came out with a ludicrous analogy in which Wayne Rooney was God. No. Really. Anyway I wasn't converted, more alarmed.

Over and out.

No comments: