Monday, April 24, 2006

Love the Details

Some of you may notice that I've been blog-fishing recently, and added a couple of new favourites to my links. I spotted this on April's fun and quirky blog a few weeks ago, and have been working on it in dribs and drabs ever since. April, you're right, it takes some effort! In fact, it took me so long that I tagged Guillermo with it before I'd even done it myself :P As usual, join in if you feel like!

The Rules: Take 20 fairly standard and innocuous questions and answer them with music lyrics.


1.) Are you male or female?

Talkin' about you a man,

Always ready to go,
Now when it comes to movin',
Babe you awful slow,
And holler oh oh oh oh oh-oh-oh-oh,
And holler oh oh oh oh oh-oh-oh-oh,
I'm a W-O-M-A-N, a woman, a woman.
- Woman, Etta James

2.) Who are you?

I feel drunk but I'm sober,

I'm young and I'm underpaid,
I'm tired but I'm working, yeah.
I care but I'm restless,
I'm here but I'm really gone,
I'm wrong and I'm sorry baby...
And what it all comes down to,
Is that I haven't got it all figured out just yet,
I've got one hand in my pocket,
And the other one is giving the peace sign
- Hand in My Pocket, Alanis Morissette

I am he, as you are he, as you are me, and we are all together.

- I Am the Walrus, The Beatles

3.) Describe your neighbourhood:

In number 18 there lives a big butch queen,

He's bigger than Tyson and he's twice as mean,
In 666 there lives a Mr. Miller,
He's our local vicar and a serial killer,
Oh if you find the time please come and stay a while,
In our beautiful neighbourhood.
Who lives in a house like this? (who lives here, man?)
Who lives in a house like this?
Oh they want to knock us down 'cos they think we're scum,
But we will all be waiting when the bulldozers come,
In a neighbourhood like this you know it's hard to survive,
So you'd better come prepared 'cos they won't take us alive
- Neighbourhood, Space

4.) How do you look?

She's the face on the radio,

She's the body on the morning show,
She's there shaking it out on the scene,
And she's the colour of a magazine,
And she's in fashion, Oh Oh Oh,
- She's In Fashion, Suede

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror,

I can't take the person starin' back at me
- Don't Let Me Get Me, Pink

5.) What is love?

Down here the river meets the sea,

And in the sticky heat I feel ya’ open up to me,
Love comes out of nowhere baby, like a hurricane,
And it feels like rain.
Underneath the stars lying next to you,
Wondering who you are baby,
How do you do?
When the clouds blow in across the moon,
And the wind howls out your name,
Feels like rain
- Feels Like Rain, John Hiatt

6.) If you could say one thing to the person you love, what would it be?

It's been three years since I'm knocking on your door,

And I still could knock some more,
Ooh, boy, ooh, boy, is it crazy? Look, I wanna know now,
For I to knock some more.
You see - in life I know, that there is lots of grief,
But your love is my relief
- Waiting In Vain, Annie Lennox

7.) What's your secret?

I don't wanna talk about it,

How you broke my heart.
If I stay here just a little bit longer,
If I stay here, won't you listen to my heart, whoa, my heart?
If I stand all alone, will the shadow hide the colours of my heart;
Blue for the tears, black for the night's fears,
The stars in the sky don't mean nothin' to you, they're a mirror
- I Don't Wanna Talk About It, Everything But the Girl

8.) Are you strong?

Got brass in pocket,

Got bottle,
I'm gonna use it
- Brass in Pocket, The Pretenders

So what am I now?

I’m loves last home,
I’m all of the soft words I once owned,
If I opened my heart, there’d be no space for air,
’Cos I wanted you.
Weak as I am, no tears for you,
Weak as I am, no tears for you,
Deep as I am, I’m no ones fool,
Weak as I am
- Weak, Skunk Anansie

9.) Where do you wish you were right now?

Flocking to the sea,

Crowds of people wait for me,
Sea gulls scavenge,
Steal ice cream,
Worries vanish,
Within my dream.
I left my soul there,
Down by the sea,
I lost control here,
Living free
- The Sea, Morcheeba

10.) What do you think about your friends?

All of the moments that already passed,
We'll try to go back and make them last,
All of the things we want each other to be,
We never will be
- Try, Nelly Furtado

11.) Any words of advice?

Breathe, breathe in the air,

Don't be afraid to care,
Leave, but don't leave me,
Look around and choose your own ground.
For long you live and high you fly,
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
And all you touch and all you see,
Is all your life will ever be
- Breathe, Pink Floyd

12.) What do you wish you were doing right now?

Sittin' in the mornin' sun,

I'll be sittin' when the evenin' comes,
Watching the ships roll in,
And then I watch 'em roll away again,
Yeah, I'm sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Watching the tide roll away,
Ooh, I'm just sittin' on the dock of the bay,
Wastin' time
- (Sitting On) The Dock of the Bay, Otis Reading

13.) What do you think about drugs?

If you think that I don't know about depression and emotional pain,

You're insane,
And you're a fool who hasn't paid attention to a word that I say,
In a way,
I can't help but feel responsible,
I always knew that you were insane,
With your pain,
But I never thought you'd be a junkie because heroin is so passe
- Not If You Were The Last Junkie On Earth, The Dandy Warhols

14.) If you could say one thing to your enemy, what would it be?

I don't care if you talk about me,

I don't care if you write it out in stone,
Whenever I fall I land on my feet,
I don't care, I just don't care now.
Mark the spot you hate with an X,
Then shoot your bow and arrow,
Do your worst get it all off your chest,
I'll hold my breath and swallow,
We hurt the ones we love the most,
It's a subtle form of discipline
- I Don't Care, Shakespeare's Sister

15.) What do you do on Friday nights?

I’m the kinda girl that hangs with the guys,

Like a fly on the wall with my secret eyes,
Takin’ it in, try to be feminine,
With my makeup bag watchin’ all the sin.
- Hey Baby, No Doubt

Hey, I wish I had my way,

'Cos everyday would be a Friday,
- I Wish, Skee-Lo

16.) What would you do if you won a million dollars?

Think what that money could bring,

I'd buy everything,
Clean out Vivienne Westwood,
In my Galliano gown,
No, wouldn't just have one 'hood,
A Hollywood mansion if I could,
Please book me first-class to my fancy house in London town.
- Rich Girl, Gwen Stefani

17.) How do you feel right now?

I look up to the little bird,

That glides across the sky,
He sings the clearest melody,
It makes me want to cry,
It makes me want to sit right down and cry cry cry, yeah.
I walk along the city streets,
So dark with rage and fear,
And I... I wish that I could be that bird,
And fly away from here,
I wish I had the wings to fly away from here.
- Little Bird, Annie Lennox

18.) Are you for World Peace?

The world is turning Disney and there's nothing you can do,
You're trying to walk like giants but you're wearing Pluto's shoes.
And the answers fall easier from the barrel of a gun,
Than it does from the lips of the beautiful and the dumb,
The world won't end in darkness, it'll end in family fun,
With Coca Cola clouds behind a Big Mac sun
- One God, The Beautiful South

19.) Where were you born?

Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes,
There beneath the blue suburban skies
- Penny Lane, The Beatles

20.) Any closing words?

I don't think you're ready for this jelly,

I don't think you're ready for this jelly,
I don't think you're ready for this,
'Cos my body too bootylicious for ya babe
- Bootylicious, Destiny's Child

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Freakin' genius I'm working on mine right now - it's gonna take FOREVER!