Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Last Chance Saloon

So last weekend was my birthday, which fell on the same day as the Grand National. Liverpool is crazy busy around the National so we headed into town to soak up the atmosphere. Boyf was delighted as he staked a fiver on Numbersixvalverde and won! (Elspeth won the sweepstake at work.) I got some great pressies, including a fancy new digital camera and a gorgeous piece of jewellery from my man; it's a white gold heart pendant with a diamond in the centre, and it's fab! I took hours getting ready to go out as I couldn't decide what to wear, but I think since it was my birthday I was allowed to take my jolly old time! Finally settled on a black asymmetrical off the shoulder number and a silver belt. Thanks for all your birthday messages!

I've not long got home from work and tomorrow morning I leave for France. I haven't packed yet! I won't be posting for a week or so since I will be without internet access, as well as without furniture! Yes, we are going over to start work on the parents' French abode. I will be getting grubby and working side by side with my builder Boyf, which I'm sure he will find hilarious since I am a complete wimp!

I will miss reading all your blogs but I'll look forward to catching up on them! A week and a half's worth of Wondy at one sitting - imagine!

Oh, and tonight was the last time I will work with Potter! He leaves next week and I'll miss him! He said I had been a pleasure to work with and went home clutching the copy of Igby Goes Down I lent him. Hopefully I'll make his night out if I'm not too cream crackered after my journey as he's holding his farewell bash the day I return. His wedding went swimmingly and I expect photo's soon. They played Smack My Bitch Up at the reception and according to Potter he left word with the DJ not to play any Take That (but he did).

I'd better go and face the packing. Boyf went to see Little Britain at the theatre tonight but when he comes back he'll tell me off if I don't look like I've been really busy!

Quote of the day: Hello, it's the gay police. What, you're guilty as charged? - Sassy's telephone manner

1 comment:

April said...

"Last Chance Saloon" just happens to be my favorite Marian Keyes book. :)

Have fun being a builder!