Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Everlasting Gobstopper

I have just walked out of the Staff Room and made my way towards the phone when this idiot leans over the counter clicking his fingers at me going "You help me." At the best of times I would have offered my assistance very begrudgingly to this sort of rudeness but since I was in fact on my lunch I told him simply "Sorry, I don't work here right now." He repeated me in a sort of angry awe and quite possibly went on to say more except I didn't hear him as I was already off on my merry way.

I like helping people but why do some just think they can speak to you like crap because it's your job to help them? For starters, asking for help rather than telling me to do something would be quite nice. It is my job to help you but it's also my job to do a lot of other things and I might be busy right now. Or digesting.

At least there are nice ones to balance things out a bit.

In other news, Potter is getting married tomorrow! That sounds so weird. He's leaving before the end of the month to go and start a new life with his bride in York. They are marrying in Glasgow and his wedding sounds very original to say the least. There will be tapdance. And poetry recitals. If Potter had his way he would be wearing a Willy Wonka costume - at least that's how the purple top and tails he described sounded to me. It will be very weird when he leaves as I will have nobody to make me watch rubbish horror movies and laugh at seemingly unfunny book covers with. Po reckons we should have a minutes silence for him at the same time he gets married - the old romantic!


"I do!"

No comments: