Saturday, April 22, 2006

Pure Shores

So I'm back, and glad to be! Among the delights of last week were encounters with woodworm, damp, the discovery that our closest neighbour is a lunatic of some description, and the smell of smoke and dust taking up residence in my hair. Last night we arrived back at home; I jumped into the shower and used about twenty different kinds of soap, shower gel and skin lotion on my body, washed my hair to within an inch of its life, and dumped all of my clothes in the laundry basket. It's so nice to feel clean!

I'm worth it!

We got the fast ferry back home yesterday from Ouistreham, which takes three and a half hours instead of six on the slow one. Because Britain is an hour behind France timezone wise, Boyf was insisting that we had only spent two and a half hours on the ferry, and it took me a while to convince him that no sort of black hole existed in the English Channel. He was like "But we've got an hour of it back, so we were only on it for two and a half." See the sort of logic I am up against day after day?

Working so closely with my parents was harder than I thought it would be too. I get on really well with my folks, but because we were all working on the house and trying to live in it together we were in each others faces for the whole time, and it drove me a little stir crazy. It also made it impossible for me and the Boyf to have any alone time whatsoever. On the other hand, it did afford quite a bit of amusement and we had some good times too.

One day, my mum asked me to put on some of my music, but I didn't think she would like anything I had brought and told her so. "I like that band you do... those two girls..." she said, before humming a line from a Shakespeares Sisters song circa 1992. When I asked for a more recent example she thoroughly alarmed me by casually saying that she liked the Pussycat Dolls, "and that other song... something about he fucked her so she fucked him right back." !! I just wasn't ready for my mother to bust out some Frankee on me.

...I have just watched a woman give birth on TV. I am never having sex again.

Boyf: (also watching) Oh my God that was the most horrible thing I've ever seen in my life.

I think if we ever take the plunge we can expect a childless marriage!

Oh, and I know I'm way late with this but I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

Yey! Welcome back!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of beauty products I saw some crazy new stuff made from Chilean snails' excretions, yes that's right. I think it was called Elicina, it is supposed to regenerate skin, even make scars go away, or pretty darn close.
Interesting, hunh?


-David