Friday, April 07, 2006

There's No Escape

So, I finally got tired of waiting and, after reports of a new postman wandering aimlessly around my neighbourhood asking directions, decided to call personnel and find out if I was in with a shot at this journalism/research job or what.

Bad news?

In short, the answer was no. They had sent me a letter but I assume said postman fed it to the ugly dogs next door to placate them. Here is my reaction in real time:

Chica says: they gave me a number. i might call it now
Guillermo says: do eeeet

...mere moments later...
Chica says: i didn't get it
Chica says: i was the reserve candidate
Guillermo says: doh
Guillermo says: so the first choice took it?
Chica says: yeah, she accepted, the bitch... i may need to stalk her and kill her
Guillermo says: it's the only course of action open to you as far as i can see
Chica says: and reasonable

A big thanks though to everyone who wished me luck... Can I go be depressed now?

PS I'm frickin 24 tomorrow. Gag me with a spoon.

7 comments:

April said...

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. That's always depressing. I remember after (I thought) an excellent interview, I received a letter that said despite the fact that I was well qualified, they couldn't hire me. Stupid lawyer's office!

I was in a HORRIBLE job last year, so I know how it goes. Hang in there. Something better is bound to come along.

wondy woman said...

Well that sucks but then they weren't good enough for you anyway I say fuck 'em - but if you want help stalking and killing the job stealer then I'm your gal. I'm good at stalking. Just ask MAriah.

Kisses and hugs x x x

April said...

BTW, Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! ...since it's tomorrow there already. Just think if you were here you'd still have about four hours to go :P

You did the right thing, you're supposed to call the interviewer (or at least the HR Dept.) to follow up after an interview.

You're only 24, loads of time to do stuff. If you were 25 well then it's too late your life is over ;) lol

-David

Chica said...

Thanks to all of you! As I said, I would've been earning way less money with the new job so at least I can afford to indulge in some retail therapy to console myself!

Thanks aswell for the birthday wishes! x

katie said...

Okay, so I'm a bit late, but Happy Birthday!!

Chica said...

Thank you Katie - fashionably late I assure you!