Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Trivial Pursuit

Believe it or not, there has been stuff happening in our lives other than having our house used as a thoroughfare in the recent brick throwing competition. The decorating continues. I'll be forced to kill the next person who suggests that brick red would be a good colour, even though I said it first. This means that we are yet to put the Christmas tree up! Sacrilege.

Last Thursday, the guy with the velvet blazer asked me what time my break was and if I'd like to have coffee with him. We all know that coffee is code for sex, so I slapped him across the face... oh okay, not really. I went bright red and mumbled something about going shopping on my break. He is really quite cute you know! He was sporting a green corduroy cap that day, and asked if I'd been off work cos he hadn't seen me for ages, "and I've been looking - I missed you." Dude is too cool for school! He always catches me when I look rubbish or am squinting at a computer screen or something... um, not that I care of course :P He also commented that I'm always smiling, which is what that other bloke who chatted me up said - is this just a very common line or could it be true? Maybe I'm randomly smiling at blokes and giving them the wrong impression!

Thursday I also attempted some late night shopping, but only lasted a coupla hours. I bumped into Weezer, who, I don't think I've mentioned, is dating 70s-Thinks-he's-a-Pimp! Grossness. Shop assistants are evil on Thursday nights too. Everyone who served me was downright rude, even in, like, Thorntons. What gives? I tried a dress on in Jane Norman that looked horrendous, drooled over a couple of dresses around the £100 mark in French Connection, and tried some more dresses on in Miss Selfridge. One of them was particularly nice, a navy colour with great straps, but it was a bit showy in the sense that I felt like wearing it was akin to wearing a sandwich board bearing the proclamation: hello, I have breasts! This effort at finding a suitable outfit was in honour of the Xmas do; but when I got home I managed to find something quite fitting for the occasion in the dark recesses of my wardrobe. Not that it mattered in the end!

Friday, I heard from Peter of Thornfield Hall, and was greatly relieved to learn that they offered the job to the girl who was dressed like a dog's dinner, despite my "very obvious skills." He wrote me a really nice letter and said how much he enjoyed meeting me :) But I have now revised my opinion on living in the middle of nowhere with a load of librarians - it sounds good to me right now! (As Guillermo said, until they go all Da Vinci Code on my ass.)

Tink found the most gorgeous pair of boots when she went shopping at the weekend; her outfit is very Rock Chick. They are black with a silver heel, and have strap detailing on the back. Tink is but 16, so I think she needs to give them to me really, they're a bit too sexy for the niece I sang to sleep as a bern! My search for boots continues.

I wonder who I could rope into coming to see Take That with me if
I manage to get tickets?

3 comments:

wondy woman said...

I'll come!!

Chica said...

I really wanna go for old times sake! My mates can't be bothered - they have no sense of loyalty! :P I may have to hold you to that if I get tempted when the new dates go on sale x

Chica said...

Oh my God G, you're gonna love it! I know all the words to every song so you probably won't hear much Gary Barlow vocal to be honest :P x

Wondy, I totally wish you were coming too! You and Guillermo could have compared favourite Postal Service tracks to your hearts content! x