Thursday, December 01, 2005

Crossroads

Oh my goodness. I had my interview at Thornfield Hall today. I decided I'd go just to give myself a bit longer to think about it and for the interview practice, thinking it couldn't hurt to meet one of the bigwigs from the English Department either. It all went really really well, then at the end of the interview the sweetest bloke in the world who interviewed me asked if I was likely to take the job if he offered it to me. Well, of course I bloody said yes! Then he said, "Oh good, the worst thing in the world is when you call to offer someone a job and they turn it down!" I'm thinking, oh shit, but I say, "Oh, don't get my hopes up Peter!" and they all laugh. Then he double checked they had the correct phone number for me. In time honoured tradition, I went down and wished the girls I'd been waiting with the best of luck before I left. Please God let one of them do really well and get the job cos I can't bear to say no to Peter! Merde.

Anyway. I had lovely texts and phonecalls from Guillermo to wish me luck, and it's his birthday tomorrow! I do believe he is out as I type getting merry, and has a long weekend to look forward to. Have fun G! I've since spoken to my dad, who said I should've given Peter a false number and suggested that I don't need any more interview practice, unless I plan on taking the job for sure!

Bollocks.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

That post was hysterical. I hope you get offered the job purely so I just get to read what you say to Peter!