Saturday, December 17, 2005

It's beginning to look a lot like... Santa's Grotto!

It's a mere week away, but it really doesn't feel like Christmas for me yet. Note that I started referring to my bro-in-law as The Grinch Who Stole Christmas way back in March! However, I've decided that the fucker isn't getting the satisfaction, and finished off my Christmas shopping today. I finally - finally! - got my sisters sorted, but at the heavy price of buying a Scary Carey CD. See how much I love my sis that I swallow my pride and my dignity and order The Greatest Ti- I mean Hits?

Also for my Mariah-loving sister, DKNY's Be Delicious - and it is! I'd like this if I didn't already have more perfume than you can shake a stick at. Have you noticed that in the advert she doesn't pay for the apple though?

As for my other big sis, I was completely clueless as to what to get her until I bought my Take That tickets at 9 a
m on the dot on Friday morning!!!!! I am far too excited about this! As soon as I got them I text my sister to tell her I was officially 15 again, whereupon she text me back to tell me what a bitch I was since she was at that moment trying to get tickets for me, her, and Tink. I had no idea she wanted to go, so I'd arranged to go with Guillermo, who was quite drunk at the time he agreed :P She was green with envy upon discovering that Sugababes were to be the supporting act, and so I've got her the next best thing - Sugababes tickets! I love it when a plan comes together.

I've spent a bloody fortune over the last couple of days! I also found my Pink Nintendo DS at Toys 'R' Us after a trip to Ikea yesterday! My poor Boyf has searched the entire country for it as he's been working away in London and everywhere, and they had shitloads of them in Warrington! So I cancelled my order with Amazon, since now I can have it for Christmas :) *chuffed*

(As I blog, I'm helping this guy from Brazil who somehow made his way onto my MSN contact list translate his business proposal into English!)

News item: Shopping with straight men is nigh on impossible. I went with Boyf today and he got really stressed out because I looked at three different silk scarves for his grandmother instead of just buying the first one I saw. They were all in the same shop! Needless to say, the boots were not to be found. January Sales, I hear you calling to me already. I do kind of see Boyf's point though since his nan bloody gives everything away - I was in effect deliberating over a gift for a complete stranger, one of her neighbours or someone down the Legion! We cut the shopping short and went to get some grub instead; Boyf ordered a bottle of wine before we'd even sat down or heard the specials :P I cannot wait to give him his kayak!

Ooh-ooh, the X Factor Final!

3 comments:

wondy woman said...

You are a true, true sweet sister to not only pay the readies for the Mariah CD but risk being seen in public doing so. I am very impressed.

If my brother asked for it I would have to sit on my hands to prevent myself from beating him to death with the latest issue of HEAT magazine.

I am wracking my brains to think how this hatred began. I loved Heartbreaker. Why do I hate her so much? Was it the comment about skinny famine victims? I don't know but I do know it's become a sport I really enjoy!

I wish we could go shopping together, you do shopping very well!

Wondy x

Bless.

Anonymous said...

You should have sent your MSN crasher to :Babelfish!
Although it can be, or rather it is, inaccurate, as far as I can tell (I can't speak or understand a dozen languages!) but...

Hello how are you?
to Portuguese
Hello como é você?
the translated phrase back to English
Hello how ploughs you?

- David

Chica said...

Wondy, thank you, I knew you would appreciate the sacrifice I made all in the name of sisterly love! I must confess I bought whatever album Heartbreaker was on, but my sister nicked it! The wish is heartily reciprocated; I think we should dress in the style of Kate Moss in your recent post and get to it! x

David, thanks for the tip, I will definitely bear it in mind, as I don't really want the responsibility of Brazilian guy's career on my shoulders - would be quite funny to translate his business proposal into scouse though :P x