Tuesday, November 22, 2005

In Her Shoes

So there's this student at work that keeps chatting me up all the time. He wears velvet jackets (todays was damson) and funky hats, and he feigns deep interest in the workings of the library. The other week he was asking loads of questions about what the reception desk is for and then admitted he just wanted an excuse to talk to me *blush* But now any time I have to serve him I get super embarrassed! When I let him avoid the queue by helping him take some books out, he was like "oh, you make me feel so special," then he rang the library to ask a question and asked for me (I was on the first floor and Weezer had to run around looking for me.) How do I tell him I have a boyfriend without him specifically asking and without looking like a moron who can't handle a bit of flirtation without assuming things?

In other news, I spent an absolute fortune on Sunday and got lots of Christmas pressies in, including my own! Yes, I finally gave into temptation and ordered the Sex and the City shoebox
I was drooling over about a month ago :) The piece de resistance was the inflatable kayak I got for Boyfy - a bit of a splurge at £210, but then I thought "I just spent £150 on DVDs and knickers." I can't wait to see his face on Xmas day, he'll be so surprised. We had a good laugh at work planning how I could wrap myself up in it and jump out of a kayak, but I can't remember now why it was so funny (um, aside from the play on words, natch.)

Saturday we went to the pictures to see - not Harry Potter. The queues to get into the theatre to see Harry P were ginormous, and the ushers were all dressed in Hogwart-esque (presumably) school uniforms. I do wanna go see it eventually, maybe a bit nearer Christmas. We saw In Her Shoes, which was quite good but I think I wanted it to be funnier. It was a real feel-good film, and the theme of sisterhood hits home with me at the moment. But the part where Toni Collette's boyf proposes to her by putting an engagement ring on a shrimp? ...Fish finger anyone? Cameron played a very convincing bitch, and it made me cry. Plus, there are shoes, and oldies watching Sex and the City while drinking cocktails. I can't quite believe that the OAPs would have quite so many functions requiring glamorous attire to keep Cam in business, but eh, what can you do? Sometimes you just have to suspend your disbelief and enjoy these things.

4 comments:

wondy woman said...

You do such wicked pressies, girl! A kayak! My boyfriend would die for one.

I really want to see in her shoes too, it looks pretty cool.

Chica said...

Thanks Wondy, I'm so excited about giving it to him! ...the kayak that is! Is it your birthday today??? What did you get? In Her Shoes is an excellent chick flick x

MJ said...

You forgot to mention the wedding dress. What was the phrase we coined for that one? Not shabby chic?

Chica said...

I think it was 'bleurgh'? ;)