Friday, November 18, 2005

Nobody Else

Who watched the Take That documentary thingy the other day?! I was a massive fan when I was like, 14, and wanted to marry Mark Owen, so I thought I'd have a look at it. Unbeknownst to me at the time, my folks were also watching it - they thought it was very sad that Robbie didn't turn up at the end! Me and my friend at the time, Laura, referred to ourselves as Take That comrades. It was all quite tragic and embarrassing, but thankfully we were never anywhere near as bad as all those fans they showed crying and screaming and doing things like telling their children Gary Barlow was their dad! It was the talk of the day with the girls at work too, and we all expressed the same sentiment: What the eff happened to Jason Orange's voice? I think his balls climbed back up or something? He didn't used to talk like that did he?

The programme showed their houses they have now - Gary's house looks a bit like Elton John's wardrobe threw up on it. Gary was well cheesy getting his kids to run in on cue and asking if they wanted to hear daddy sing (bet they want
ed to go "ugh, not A Million Love Songs again Da"), and the goatee thing on his chin was gross. Overall though, I think it really was a shame Robbie didn't turn up at the end, instead of sending them a video to all sit and watch - patronising much? Though I'm sure there are all kinds of issues there and that docu only really scratched the surface - Robbie is still well bitter about it all despite his massive success.

So it's Friday n
ow - thank fuck - and I'm looking forward to the moment I get off the bus. Yesterday we went Christmas shopping (kinda), and it was actually suggested by the Boyf, who needed shoes and a belt for a charidee do on Sunday. The shoes he got are well nice - I was very proud of him finding them all by himself. I bought a big cosy cardie because I've been freezing in work, then realised I didn't have that many clothes to go with it since it's like a deep purple colour. I'm shivering today but I'm wearing a red top - I just can't pair the two. We managed to pick up one Christmas present, for our Yank, who's usually solid to buy for. It's a poker carousel with chips and cards and all the necessaries. I've since had the idea of going back and getting Boyf one. He's not a particularly big gambler - he only plays the lottery and puts a bet on the Grand National at Aintree. But strip poker sounds like too much fun to pass up. It truly is the gift that keeps on giving :)

No comments: