Wednesday, November 16, 2005

First comes love...

This morning on the bus I heard a familiar grating sound, a sort of screeching of tyres in vocal form, and looked up to have my suspicions confirmed. The ranting militant Londoner from my masters course had boarded, and was ranting at the bus driver about the fare. It was so weird to see her, still seemingly in the same outfit, especially when I've had to think a lot about my dissertation recently, prompted by concerned emails from my tutor. If it hadn't been first thing in the morning and she hadn't been in mid-rant, I probably would have said hello.

Last night was my late night, and instead of my usual break-partner of Potter, I went with Mordred. Mordred was really nice when my sister's husband died on the phone to my mum, so she's won lots of points from me. My great nephew and her grandson were born around the same time too so we talked about that; then I was summoned to go see all her pictures of him, which was kind of touching because she lights up when she talks about him. It was a chilled late night cos Elspeth was just blatantly slacking for the last hour, so that made it okay for me too :P

And finally, congratulations are in order for Mrs. De Winter, who's totally in love and moving in with her new beau. She hasn't been seeing him all that long and it got me to thinking about things with the Boyf. What am I waiting for? Yes, I'm terrified of commitment, but we've been together for 6 years, and if we move in together now and hate each other then at least I'll find that out now instead of waiting another 6 years... right?

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Definately love, go for it!

Anyway, I can't imagine anyone not getting on with you!

Wondyx