Thursday, May 26, 2005

We are the Champions!

So, yesterday, The Best Thing Ever happened. From nowhere, I suddenly fancy Steven Gerrard. I've no idea why. I have heard nothing but match analysis all day, tempted as I am I won't repeat it here. There were too many highlights anyway, and I suspect Guillermo will tell it better. It was such an exciting final. I don't know how the fuck we managed it. Respect to Dudek for that double save, though I'm not sure he knew what was happening :P My dad has no voice today from screaming at the telly. My boyfriend has the hangover from Hell. There were fireworks in the streets last night, and I'm off to the parade in a bit! Should be good!

Today I went to hospital for some balance and hearing tests. The balance tests involve marching on the spot with your arms outstretched and your eyes closed; the doc performs this merry little dance opposite you at first and then wanders around going "Keep doing it until I say stop." (Heard that one before!) I think he uses the time to finish his crossword, maybe scoff a quick sarnie. I don't think he took me very seriously as I found it all very amusing. He was nice though. Apparently, if I can dance I'm doing very well. He's obviously never seen me dance then. Bruce spaghetti legs Grobbelaar has nothing on me ;) (I'm joking! I put Beyonce to shame! Kind of...)

More on the parade later!

No comments: