Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Shopping in the Holocene

First up, apologies for the last very self-indulgent post. I love those things though! I loved it until half way through at least and then I wanted a meteor to crash into the Earth or something so I could stop. You don't understand, there was no other way I was stopping! Well, maybe if Jeremy Edwards walked into my room looking like he does on my desktop (for the ladies) I'd Save as Draft. But what are the chances of that? By the way, he owns like the cutest dog ever [edit: this statement naturally excludes my puppy, as really it would be unfair for any dog to try and compete.] I may add a pic at some point in the near future. (Yes, I know, all very adolescent of me!)

I'm aiming for speed here since I have a lot to do and it didn't help staying up until 4 last night. Stoopid me. I got a letter this morning acknowledging one of my many job applications. Yay! They do know I'm alive! Apart from that I had to email some work to my tutor the other day, and am awaiting a potentially brutal response. Excuses, I have lots :P I am in fact a connoisseur.
Last Thursday also saw skipping of work and a drive to Sunny Manchester. (It actually was sunny, I'm not being sarcastic.) There I spent a fortune and would like to initiate a campaign to get our H&M to be more like theirs. Ours is literally like a jumble sale. Me and my friends call it Hit & Miss cos you're very unlikely to find anything nice in there. But in Manchester? A shopper's paradise! I was gutted to run out of money in there, but it's probably a good thing. Something strange and worrying is happening to me, demonstrated nice and succinctly by this exchange:

Boyf: Wanna go to Harvey Nichols?
Me: Nah, let's just find Primark.

What? Did I say that?! Yes my friends, I'm turning into my mother.

1 comment:

Chica said...

Thanks for the comment V, I envision more trips to Manchester after such a successful trip! I had a peek at your blog, I'm lovin' your work. Peter Kay is my hero, but I won't quote at you. Three drink limit.