Thursday, May 19, 2005

A Staple Diet

My mother is a fantastic cook. However, her eye sight is not 100%. Strange things found in our dinners include: a cigarette butt - no, really - and, just recently, a staple in my omelette. Okay, not in my omelette, amongst the potatoes, but it disturbs me that it could have been in my omelette. And she made the staple diet joke, perfectly unconcerned. Is she trying to do me serious harm? Is this why, when bees or wasps chased me as a child, she advised me to stand still? (This last bit is stolen from an Eddie Izzard joke. A very funny man, and rather sexy actually :P)

I'd also just like to make note of a wonderful compliment I received from Guillermo, you know, for posterity. And I quote: "You aren't as stupid as you make out to be when it comes to computers." Oh, harps. Angels. Birds twittering.

1 comment:

Chica said...

I hear you. I swear it's a conspiracy. Adults and bees, they have some sort of twisted arrangement, perhaps involving honey extortion? Like the way I say adults as if I'm not one? Tragic.