Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Gone in 60 Seconds

So, Friday was great. I wore the red shoes. We didn't go to Newz because I couldn't walk in them, so hobbled in the general direction of Italian food and Spanish booze instead. Was made to run across the road in said stilettos = hilarity for all passers by. Had my coat pinched and later returned in the tapas bar. Ate yummy food, met nice Czech lady, got squiffy. All in all, a good night. And I got ready in six minutes - surely a record? (I was terrified of getting locked in at work by security!)

Spent the rest of the weekend starting preparations for the next French trip, which starts on Thursday. I can't frickin' wait. Haven't actually begun to pack yet though. Hmmm...

Ooh, also, gave in to retail therapy urges in phenomenal style and spent about £150 at Topshop and Miss Selfridge online. So now, after my holiday, I will come back to pretty things as well as old Troutface. Hurrah! New clothes take the pain away. The Haul includes:

- A smart black 'bib front' tee

- Pair of smart black hipster trousers

- One ribbed oversize beanie hat in navy

- White poplin puff sleeve shirt

- A cream scoop neck tee with a funky blackbird pattern

- Headscarf with a geometric design

- A tomato coloured 'trapeze' dress with pocket detailing

- Long white skinny vest

- One rhinestone buckled Alice band!

Pretty good work for a Bank Holiday weekend huh? I heart armchair shopping! After my shopping blitz, Boyf and I hunkered down in our gorgeous bed, indulged in a rather nice Cabernet Sauvignon and watched King Kong on DVD. Bliss!

2 sleeps and I'm outta here.

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

Same as me - we both set off on our adventures at the same time! Spooky.

I have missed you - stay in touch, yes?

Chica said...

Of course darling! My adventure will be over in two weeks anyway, then I plan to live vicariously through yours :P