Thursday, August 10, 2006

Peace in the Valleys

Shocked as I am to report it, Big Brother's Welsh beauty Imogen actually managed to really entertain me yesterday. Between her cringeworthy "hot topics" radio jingle, which signalled a generous round of embarrassed body language among the other housemates, and her request for wine in the diary room, I think she enjoyed her most scintillating air time since the show began a hundred and thirty weeks ago.

"One bottle of wine," she scoffed, as if to say what's the problem? "Two pound fifty in Co-op."

Big Brother has really started to bore me since I missed a big chunk in the middle. And this new returning housemates thing seems to be in a bit of a shambles. What is it all for? It was quite interesting watching the ex-housemates talk about all the footage they've watched since leaving, as you never usually get to find out what they think about each other once they've left. And although I can see why uber bitch Grace was voted back in, I can't help wanting to slap her smug face for being so cocky about it.

It's not anywhere near as good a catchphrase as "I like blinking I do," but I wonder if Imogen's solitary moment of accidental humour will make it into Dawn French's fabulous Catherine Zeta Jones sketch?

No comments: