Friday, August 25, 2006

Choose Life

I have never been so relieved to reach Friday in my life. I just cannot wait for 5 o'clock so I can yabba-dabba-do the hell out of this place. I have had the week from hell with my boss - the woman hates my guts. She really singles me out for some reason, and speaks to me in a way that she wouldn't dare talk to the older people here or any of the blokes. This week she even went so far as to trick me into doing something which she could later grill me over! I tell you, I am desperate for another job. Which is a shame, because as much as I moan about this place it's a pretty good job, and my main problem with it is old Troutface.

I really came so close to just throwing in the towel and quitting this week. I got really angry at myself for taking her shit and not being where I want to be in my life instead of having to play stupid mind games with the petty cow. And breathe.

To vent my frustration, the Boyf and I are off out straight from work tonight and plan on having a scrumptious meal to make up for such a crummy week. I'm massively proud of myself as I resisted going on a major retail therapy session and blowing all my money to cheer myself up - instead I am looking forward to my next French trip. But I did spend hours last night hunting through my wardrobe to find something to wear tonight. The red shoes are finally about to enjoy their premiere - I'm teaming them with jeans and black chiffon number that makes the Boyf look at me in that way. I just hope I manage to change quickly enough at five so that the security guard doesn't lock me in the building!

No comments: