Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Truth About Diamante

I have to tell you about the tragedy of my sunglasses. I ordered - in a sale, so we're talking limited stock here kids - a pair of purple diamante aviator sunglasses. That's purple and diamante. A perfect marriage! Now, I have never owned aviators, and despite the fact that I have no idea if they'd suit me, I was pretty psyched about them. Then my order arrived (I also ordered a couple of tops, a pair of linen crops, and a silk scarf for my hair), with no sunglasses. Maybe they'll follow, I thought, fretfully. Perhaps they've been specially packed, I mused, with futile optimism. But no! Some scrubber has stolen them in the packing plant! Their fabulousness proved too much to resist!

Well, that's not exactly what the email I received in response to my query said, but we can all read between the lines.

My search for a funky pair of sunnies continues. Bear in mind I do not want to end up looking like this:

Oh, who am I kidding? I love Nicole, sunnies bigger than her face, razor sharp shoulder blades, trying to sieve out the calories in that ice cream with her lips, and all!

No comments: