Tuesday, June 13, 2006

When Eric eats a banana...

A while ago, I bemoaned the frequency of dull emails I receive at work. However, today a doozy of an email landed in my inbox and I just had to share it with you all.

From: (Rarebit)
Sent: Tue 13/06/2006 15:57
To: (Chica et al)
Subject:

Just a warning for everyone,

It looks like a banana I bought this morning for my afternoon break has been taken and eaten; maybe stolen is more accurate. It may be only a banana, but it's the principle of the thing. Next time it could be something else, or something of yours. Maybe we should all keep an eye on our possessions in the future.

Rarebit.


I cannot tell you how amused I am by this. My jaw literally dropped! Even more priceless is the fact that he sent it around to all the managers and our own manager has received complaints about the abuse of email privileges :P But here is the follow up...

From: (Rarebit)
Sent: Tue 13/06/2006 16:19
To: (Chica et al)
Subject:


About the banana...

It seems that 'Out to Lunch' sometimes provide free fruit. As my banana was in an 'Out to Lunch' bag, someone may have confused it with the free fruit...

It looks like I'm gona have to get used to 'banana' references from now on...

Cheers
(A much less angry, calmer!) Rarebit.


How can you be that angry about a missing banana? Oh, I'm cringing for the poor fellow. The staff here are going to be merciless. He tried to recall the emails but it didn't work, so he obviously regretted it. I'm embarrassed for him!

*giggle*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bananas (I can never spell that) are an endangered species, lose one and it may be your last.

Interesting fact (or not) a banana is an herb, not a fruit.

No more bananas

-David

Chica said...

So we are obviously taking this audacious act of theft far too lightly at our office...

Thanks for the info! x

katie said...

I think that rarebit needs a bit of a vacation. Seems like a big fuss over a banana.