Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Omen

Sooooo. Tuesday was the Futureheads gig, and sadly I was not there. This morning I sat on the bus with my mp3 full of Futureheads songs, kicking myself. On Monday I felt really ill, and after struggling through work on Tuesday, I just knew there was no way I could hack it. I tried to palm the tickets off on every sucker, and eventually thought of Lila, who was off. I text her offering them for twenty quid and she text back that she would love them as she'd been trying to get tickets but they were sold out! After work, the Boyf and I whipped out the A-Z and found her flat, where I buzzed her neighbour because I didn't have a clue what number she was. She went and had a jolly good time, despite the presence of lots of 14 year old boys, so it worked out quite well in the end! I went home and had a cup of tea and got in my pyjamas!

Because I expected to be having a wild night out, I'd booked the Wednesday off, and after enjoying 14 hours sleep (!) my body feels a little bit healthier, despite the fact that I was wide awake in bed last night until about four thirty as a consequence!

I can't effing believe it is June! Oh, and FYI, next Tuesday I am working a late night with Foot Perv, alone, and you know what date that is don't you? I think I might wear my Timberlands.

The more I look at the word 'omen', the less it makes sense...

No comments: