Friday, June 02, 2006

Bottoms Up

Okay so, the Boyf and I will have been together for seven years in a couple of weeks. Throughout that period we have had the same argument countless times, nearly broken up over it on a few occasions, and we had it again last night. Why is it that whenever I argue with him about this one thing, I feel like I am fighting for all those other times? Nobody is ever going to win this argument. He said to me that I need to put up with it, or not. That just drove me crazy. If it was that black and white, we'd be over, because all I wanted to do was scream NOT at him. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a big serious fight or anything and we'll probably get over it sharpish, but it will be added to that collection of old arguments I argue for the next time it happens. And that's pretty sad. It's like nothing gets resolved and I cannot let it go. I really believe that you teach other people how to treat you, and if you let somebody get away with something enough times, then they'll just keep doing it. But what can you do except walk away? I don't want to fight over something stupid, but I worry about this principle. And I know he's going to keep doing it. So do I want another seven years of that? One of his retorts is so infuriating as well, it's like well what will you do when we live together? (because the only power I have right now is to send him home when this happens.) And I just think, are you purposely trying to make me not want to live with you? Cos I tell you, considering it has been seven years I'm not worrying any less about the prospect.

Grrrrr.

1 comment:

MJ said...

You go girl, that's right, live with me forever!