Saturday, June 04, 2005

British men, I say yay

Upon recently reading V's fabulous post about British men, it got me to thinking about the type of guys I usually meet. I came to the conclusion that I actually meet lots of decent blokes all the time, all rather handsome, seemingly sweet, attentive, and funny. I'm sure they have their faults, but everyone does and they all come out in the end. So, what is my secret? How do I do it? I'll tell you. I already have a boyfriend, and am therefore completely unavailable. I can offer men nothing more than friendship and occasional insider information on the world of Women. I am firmly convinced that this ups your chances of meeting good guys by about 80%. It's some twisted Law of the Universe. For example, I have a job interview before I go to France. Somebody I know knows somebody who works in a similar position, and offered him up for much picking of brains. Great, how helpful. I am also informed that this somebody is a drop dead gorgeous hunk. Would this opportunity have presented itself to me had I been single and looking? Almost certainly not. Am I going to be able to concentrate on the task at hand should the guy turn out to be as hunky as reputed? Not a chance in Hell.

The best example of there being good British blokes out there is of course, my boyfriend, who despite a serious foot-in-mouth disorder, is a bit of a dreamboat actually. But don't tell him I said so :)

No comments: