Monday, June 13, 2005

All the world's a stage...

I think that's enough complaining for one month don't you?

And Oh. My. God! The hunky guy I mentioned? Married. But also after my sis! I thought this before when she told me about an exchange they had, but now I know for sure because I know him! He had an affair with one of my mates! He is such a nice bloke though, really funny and a great personality, he helped me out so much today. But, then he came back with another tip he had remembered (I've forgotten all the tips because I was so gobsmacked!) and it was SO obvious me and my sis were talking about him. My sis had just been saying: "I'm not as attracted to him as I was at first, that shirt and tie he has on puts me right off and he gets gunge collecting at the side of his mouth, but his personality..." He walked in, we stared at him, he looked back at us, then I went, "I was just saying, I recognise you! Weren't you in Victorian Studies?" I think we just about got away with it!

Just for the record, I don't think he's that hunky. But he used to be a lot fitter than he is now, he's lost so much weight! He really is a good bloke, but seems a bit of a womaniser. He was so helpful going through the stuff for my interview with me, so I feel a bit guilty having all the goods on him! I warned my sis that he seems a bit of a player to me though. I said I've heard a few rumours about him and while you don't know if they're true, he was blatantly flirting with my sis anyway and he's married, so that's bad news. But how crazy is that? It's a small world after all. His advice was brilliant and basically amounted to 'Suck up as if your life depended on it,' so I'm really glad I met up with him. He gave me some insider tips too.

For some reason that's reminded me of something Mrs De. Winter told me once. One of our favourite tutors offered her some stunning advice on her way into a Shakespeare exam: "Othello's the black one." True.

No comments: