Saturday, October 29, 2005

Sex, lies, and videotape


Right back atcha Andrew!

It's Saturday night and I have just spent the evening with Andrew Lincoln. He starred in Afterlife; it was the last in the series tonight and it's been pretty good apart from the lack of nudity on Andrew's part. Maybe I could make that a suggestion for series 2 if there is one? I find it perfectly impossible to understand his relationship to Lesley Sharpe's character without seeing Andrew's arse. And that's the truth. Why is that guy so cute? There's something really sexy and vulnerable about him. Definitely worth a boink!

Boyf is currently at a poker party, getting sloshed. At least the premise of the party was to play poker, for his best friend Butthead's birthday (which was last week.) He left for the party at two o'clock today. I spoke to him about twenty minutes ago and they were just getting the cards out. The lure of the pub was just too much for them to bear. Also throwing a bash tonight is my entire family, for Halloween. There are two reasons I'm not there, and they're both great big dickheads. Yes, the Grinch and Judas are both in attendance. There have been some developments in that area, with my sister having a bit of a realisation that Christmas this year will SUCK ASS because her husband is a prick. Grinch offered to "have a word" with my boyfriend to try and sort things out so that everybody could go to the party and play happy families and I could just develop amnesia and forget all the things that have been said. But when my mum told my sis that I probably wouldn't piss on Grinch if he was on fire... I mean, want to go to the party, sis decided it wasn't worth Grinch going to the effort of "having a word." My sister is deluding herself at the moment. She had a merry conversation with me about all of us going shopping in Manchester, and Grinch could drive us there. I made my excuses as subtly as possible: oh, I'll just need a whole day! I'm going to go when I've got my next day off - in five weeks. With him?! Are you fucking serious? I'd rather prise out my own eyeball with a spoon. (Ummm... that last one was just in my head.)

And breathe. On a lighter note, Most Haunted Live is on this weekend, for a Halloween special, but we watched some of it last night and it was complete pants. They just filmed themselves waiting for a lift for about five minutes, awkwardly trying to make conversation and sound interested in the fact that they were waiting for a lift. We only watched it because there was an expose in the paper from Ciaran O'Keefe (the shows acting parapsychologist and sceptic extraordinaire) saying how he had made up names of "ghosts" and fed them to Derek Acorah, the shows medium (pictured; Joey from Bread is obviously a big influence), and how the names were anagrams of DEREK LIES and DEREK FAKER. Sure enough, poor old Degsy was possessed by said spirits. So we thought, oooh, we'll watch it and see if they deny it and what will they say about Ciaran and will Derek even be there?! But we watched it and they were all there, even Mr. O'Keefe, and made no mention of it whatsoever, as if nothing had happened. The only entertainment we had was trying to decide if Yvette Fielding has had collagen injections. She was looking a bit Leslie Ash if you ask me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!!
I'm not the only one who thinks he's inspired by Joey from Bread!
Made me laff outloud on my birthday (pants so far!) thanks!!!
Kate

Chica said...

Hi Kate!

Happy Birthday!

Yes, he's a total ringer for him isn't he?

Glad you liked the post, wrote it for ever ago, and hope your birthday improves!

Chica x