Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Celebs I'd love to have a pint with... vol. 1

Tess Daly & Vernon Kay

Wouldn't you just love to hang out with these guys? They're like the perfect couple. Vernon would be a right laugh and Tess seems really down to Earth, despite being unfathomably lucky on the genetic front. Vernon has starred in some crap telly shows in his time of course. One that strikes me most firmly is that Saturday night show he presented with has-been singers and acts attempting a comeback. I remember listening to Vernon's Radio One show on a drive back from Wales after he had interviewed Haddaway (remember him? no? he sang What is Love (oh baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more) back in 1990-something.) He asked Hadda (for short) how he kept in such good shape and Hadda's reply was to very sleazily drawl: "Lots of sex." Vernon took the piss out of him. I also think their wedding looked fab (they got married in Vernon's home town near Bolton and their wedding car was a camper van) and their baby pics are very classy. They've gradually worked their way up in the industry too, with Tess appearing in The Beloved's Sweet Harmony video where everybody's naked, and Vernon starring in some TV show that followed models around (he being a male model, not in a pervy sense.) Tess is gorgeous enough to be forgiven for being Bruce Forsythe's TV wife on Strictly Come Dancing, or whatever that cheesefest show is. I know it's popular but come on! She was brilliant with Brian Dowling on SM:TV though. And in a magazine interview she said she wanted to move to the country and bake cakes, which rocks! Thumbs up for Tess & Vernon I say!

2 comments:

wondy woman said...

I agree, Tess looks the kind of girl who'd lend you her lipstick in the ladies loos if you asked and help old people accross the road too. I salute her.

Vernon though... not convinced yet, perhaps if he elected to strangle June Sarpong on live TV he'd earn more points from yours truly, I don't know.

Can't wait to see which other celebs you'd have a pint with! I might do a series called 'Celebrities I'd refuse to have a drink with' - first episode: MARIAH Flippin' CAREY. Ew.

Love ya.

Wondy x

Chica said...

Ugh - Mariah Carey, I completely agree! Put 'em away love!