Saturday, October 22, 2005

Living for the Weekend

Wooo hoooo! It's Saturday. I cannot explain my joy at reaching Saturday - it's only eclipsed by my dread at reaching Sunday night! Seriously, my job isn't that bad, so why do I hate it so much? Weird. Anyway, I've been applying for others. I only found out about two of them at the last minute so my supporting statements aren't that good - in one of them I just copied and pasted a load of stuff from past supporting statements and ended up with a 4 page essay about why they should hire me :P I think it may be information overload, but it was all I had time to do and you've gotta be in it to win it! Got a couple of applications through the post today, one is for a research job I really want and another is for a ridiculously well paid job a step up from what I'm doing, but I don't reckon I'll get it as I've only been in this job 3 months.

So, I'm off out on the town tonight with my Boo. We have loosely planned a scrumptious meal somewhere and a few Baileys, maybe a bit of dancing. I think we might try The Olive Press. I did want to try Il Forno (right) but Elspeth from work is going there so I'll avoid it for now! It looks gorgeous though. There are so many new restaurants springing
up around the place at the mo'; another one I want to try is the Alma De Cuba (left) - it's in the former St. Peter's church and we were thinking of going there for the works Christmas night out until we settled on The Living Room. It looks very grand! Mmmm, all this talk is making me hungry!

Now for the age old question: What to wear? I'm off to pamper myself with a sojourn in the bath and mull it over.

1 comment:

wondy woman said...

Hope you had a wonderful time my dear! Good luck on the job thing - I know you will get something good!

Wondyx