Monday, April 04, 2005

The Silver Screen

Hello world. Not that I believe the entire world is literally at my fingertips, just in a general, vague, whoever happens to be reading this sense. I had a job interview last week. And have been invited back to a second round of interviews. *Biting fingernails* I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but that's all I can say on the matter as I feel weirdly superstitious, as though I might jinx it if I talk about it. Wish me luck!

Apart from that, I've had a bit of a movie-watching weekend. First was Donnie Darko. I've seen it before and I love that film. Plus Jake G is really rather sexy. Then, Hide & Seek and The Ring 2. The latter was a bit all over the place, at one point when the main character was running around from house to house I thought she may be searching for the plot. But no, just a crazy lady in a mental hospital - of course! It only had one good line in it, and it was only good because it was totally camp: "I'm not your f*cking mommy!" If you haven't seen it yet I just spoiled the only highlight of the film. Soz. Hide & Seek was better though, I love the little kid who stars in it too, Dakota Fanning? She was in Man on Fire, another good film. Sunday we went to see Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous! A bit of a shift in gear I'm sure you can appreciate. Maybe that was why it took me half the film to find anything funny, but it seemed to get there eventually, though it's not as good as the first one. Or maybe I was just influenced into thinking that since I overheard one of the ushers telling her mate the same thing on the way in. Doh!

I'm out of practice with this blogging lark!

No comments: