Friday, April 22, 2005

All Hooked Up

The week so far: Monday and Tuesday brought several attempts at hooking up - in the non-sexual sense - with a good old pal of mine. Attempt number one fell flat on it's face due to my being out having a scran (read: food, meal, slap-up) instead, and attempt number two shortly followed suit. We're going for it again next week, wish us luck! This left me free to go and see The Interpreter though, which was really enjoyable and very well done in my humble opinion, if you can get over the fact that a flute lesson is pivotal to the plot! I don't do film reviews beyond thumbs up or thumbs down, and sometimes I can't even give you that much (anyone doubting this should see my take on the films I watched the other week, in which Hide & Seek, The Ring 2, and Miss Congeniality 2 somehow mysteriously merge.) But I would totally recommend this film, (sorry Guillermo, there'll be other times :P) as Sean Penn is massively compelling and they handle the story really well. My delight may be tainted by the fact I got to see it half price thanks to a nifty buy one get one free voucher. How glamorous am I?

Beyond this, I've been job seeking, working, trying to master Pump It Up! The Ultimate Dance Work Out, feeding the ducks (oh, the excitement!) and planning an outfit for tomorrow night's Night on the Town. Yes! It's finally here! At the moment I'm considering risking a rather low cut affair, since I finally found a bra that I can wear under it. However, I do feel a shopping trip coming on :)

No comments: