Tuesday, April 26, 2005

I should be so lucky...

So... Saturday night. Let me cast your minds back. Of chief importance to any successful night out for me lies in the outfit. Occasionally, you can throw an outfit together in five minutes and look fab. These are days to treasure and revere. However, sometimes hours, even days of planning are required, particularly if you have bought something new that nothing in your wardrobe matches. This is how I came to discard everything I tried on until I noticed something, something shiny that caught my eye, something good, something that made me repeat the word something in an irritating fashion and not in a good way like the Beatles song. The Kylie dress! I bought this dress maybe two years ago and never had the guts to wear it. But I decided it's time had come, and so I put it on. There's a picture of it below, or there should be if my technology curse is taking a nap. It's not the actual thing of course, I doubt Kylie paid £45 for hers in Topshop! Unfortunately, Justin Timberlake never turned up to grope my behind, but you can't have everything eh?


We had a pretty good night all in all. We attempted to have a drink outside in Concert Square and this turned out to be a mistake; we shivered under something that purported to be a heat lamp while chattering our teeth. But it was a good vantage point for people watching, as we like to do. Also, it was my friend David's birthday recently, and my sister's too, so we had a few drinks on their behalf :)

Apart from that, Guillermo Silverknife, the most impressively named of all my mates, has come into the blogging fold. Link to follow after permission is granted. Or not, depending on the answer I guess.