Sunday, May 06, 2007

Take a Moment

Yesterday, I finished all the studying I had planned for the day early (proofreading would have been totally redundant because I lost the ability to read actively, and I'm waiting for feedback before I tinker with things) and so I had the night off. I treated myself to Marie Claire and sat in the garden drinking shandy and flipping through the fashion pages! I managed not to let the fact that La Dunst looks effing miserable on this cover spoil my R&R. I've only half-read her interview but am so far moved to say: side of jaded with that, Kiki?

Then I watched Road to Perdition, starring Tom Hanks, Paul Newman, and Jude Law in a sinister and completely unfanciable incarnation. Paul Newman has never really been on my radar before, though I know the man is a legend, but oh my God can he act! You're all reading this thinking "Well, duh...", Oscar nominations galore etc. but I haven't really seen him in anything before and his performance completely blew me away. I really enjoyed the film.

Whilst flipping through Marie Claire I also happened to fall in love.

I'm not even usually a Louis Vuitton girl but I adore this bag and wallet. Shame I haven't got a spare £700 lying around...

3 comments:

brandy said...

Magazines, movie watching, drinking... sounds like my kind of day! I dig the bag and wallet and I agree about K.D, she always looks unhappy and I've yet to figure out why....

wondy woman said...

That sounds like my perfect evening too!

Hey what is up with Kiki, anyway? She annoys me with her effortless chic tripping out of pubs with her new rocker boyfriend - I want to look just like her - but on the other hand, she's a shockingly dislikable person (or so she seems).

I want to slap her and then play with her hair.

Confused.

N.F. said...

What I covet is the denim LV bag. It came out after I got mine--and oh how I wish I had waited!